A Gasoline-free America before 2040.
To improve climate, health and equity by accelerating the switch from gasoline and diesel to cleaner alternatives.
That open new legal and political pathways for accelerating the transition.
To open policy and capital pathways to cut gasoline use.
Advancing gasoline reduction and vehicle electrification policies and measures.
Arms Leaders and Advocates
With policies, data and tools to reduce gasoline use.
Change the Conversation
Around gasoline througn social media, art, music, books and other cultural means.
What drives our work
Eliminating Gasoline Demand:
We advance state and federal policies ending sales of new gas-powered cars by 2030 and prioritizing the switch to EVs of the biggest gasoline users -- especially those who are low/middle income.
Restricting Gasoline Supply:
We identify the harmful impacts of gas stations and gasoline on neighboring communities and help people advocate for solutions.
Changing Gasoline Culture:
We curate and cultivate stories, art, music and social media to raise awareness of the health, climate and equity impacts of gasoline and diesel and mobilize demand for cleaner alternatives.
BEYOND GASOLINE - FOR CLIMATE, HEALTH AND EQUITY
Clean air, a livable planet, and affordable mobility.
We can make this happen by making a rapid shift from gasoline to cleaner alternatives.
Coltura changes policy and culture to accelerate this shift.
Since 2015, Coltura has made a significant impact on gasoline policy and culture
Building and leading diverse coalitions, Coltura has been a driving force in gasoline reduction policies, including:
- a 2035 gasoline car phaseout mandate in California;
- a Washington law setting a 2030 target for new light duty vehicles to be electric and mandating all-of-government planning to achieve that target;
- a Washington study of gasoline superusers being used to determine that state’s EV incentive policy;
- a California bill that would have provided an added EV incentive to lower-income gasoline superusers;
- and a Vermont law enabling a utility to incentivize superusers to switch to EVs.
From the first ever children’s storybook about the harms of gasoline to a gasoline-breakup music video to performance art to social media campaigns, Coltura uses multiple approaches to change the culture and narratives around gasoline.